DIYer’s are going crazy for this simple home improvement project!
Spring has sprung and summer is right around the corner. This is the time where many folks start thinking about home improvements and makeovers. We’ve compiled a few ideas that will enhance your backyard and possibly your quality of life too!
- Our favorite affordable home improvement is one that brings the entire family together for fun, relaxation, conversation and mental and physical therapy. It can be set up in a matter of hours and doesn’t require any hard manual labor on your part. That’s right, all you have to do is:
- Set it in place
- Fill it up with a garden hose and
- Plug it into the closest outlet
What are we talking about here? Portable hot tubs!!! An above ground hot tub can drastically improve the usability of your backyard and instantly increase the hang out potential of your space. Plus hot tubbing is also really good for your health, so that’s an added bonus!
To artfully incorporate a hot tub into your existing backyard, simply surround it with a few potted plants and maybe a bamboo screen for privacy if you have nosy neighbors. By pulling up a few outdoor chairs, and maybe a portable fire pit for the evenings, you’ve now got an amazing retreat right in your own backyard. And if you have a nearby fence, you can install a few hooks for suits and towels.
But probably the greatest part about these hot tubs is their price. Depending on what’s available from your local hot tub shop, you can get one starting at just $49* per month! Crazy, huh? If you want to check out specific pricing, click here.
Other fun ideas to quickly spruce up your backyard:
- Serenity gardens have become a very popular home trend the past few years. Having a place to sit and relax and enjoy the great outdoors is a great solution to the fast-paced high-stress world we live in today. It is important to have a place to break away, read a book, enjoy a beverage or just share your thoughts and dreams with loved ones. Consider fragrant flowers or climbing vines and comfortable seating to make the area a pleasure to visit. Combining elements such as a water feature, rocks, wood, flowers, and greenery will add visual interest to the area.
- Organic fruits and veggies are also a very popular and emerging trend. Have you considered growing your own food? It is very rewarding and satisfying to be able to pick from your own garden and prepare fresh, organic food for your family and friends. While the idea sounds daunting to some, it is actually quite easy if your plan properly. A quick online search will provide everything you need to get started, from constructing raised beds with organic soil to installing a water-wise drip irrigation system. If pests are a concern, there are many natural and inexpensive ways to ward off critters and enjoy the “fruits” of your labor (pun intended). So get out there and give it a try.